Sunday, May 28, 2017

Close Your Eyes - LOTV

 Today's post is about a card I needed for a wedding shower.  By all accounts, I figured it would be quick because I'd had it all planned out in my head and it started out well but then you know what happens to the best of plans... sheesh!  One thing after another... one of my 'incidents' was that I must have spent an hour trying to tie a decent bow for the top where the big diamante gem is.  I'm not the best bow maker, in fact, I'm probably one of the worst (which is why you don't see much ribbon on my projects) but I finally managed a successful bow and whooohoooo.... put it in place and no way was that going to work because there just isn't room at the top and the double bow I'd managed overlapped onto the heads.  So... I hemmed and I hawed and finally decided on the gem alone. 
Anyway, we've all had cards like this but I had to git 'er done so onwards and forwards. 
Below is a quick pic of the inside of the card and I can see I need to do a new light box because this one seems a little ragged:
 And a pic of the one side of the inner card.
I adore this sweet Lili of the Valley image called Close Your Eyes and it seemed perfect for the shower gift and I'm hoping the recipient likes it too.  A bit of money popped inside and off to the shower I go.  I usually give money gifts simply because it seems easier.  Most of the newly marrieds have either lived together or been on their own for awhile so this way, they can buy what they want.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
Copics:
Hair  E47,E43, E41, E40
Shoes - C7, C5, C3
Dress - B99, B45, B41
Sweater - C5, C3, C1
Pants - C7, C5, C3, C1
Hat - E57, E55, E53, E51
Shirt - B26, B23, B21, B000
Skin - E13, E11, E00, E000
Rose/hearts - R85, R83, R81
Leaves - YG67, YG63, YG61
Ground - E27, E25, E23, E21
Supplies:
Image - Lili of the Valley Close Your Eyes
Outer Sentiment - Computer generated using Sprinkles Colors font
Inside Sentiment - Printworks Happy Wishes
Paper - Magnolia (I've had this pad forever so am not sure if they still make it)
Misc - Stickles, gems from my stash
Challenges:
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes #163
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes #97
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes #58
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes #30
Crafting Creations - Anything Goes #342
Paper Craft Crew - Tic Tac Toe #245 (mine is Bright Colours, Silver (paper), Wedding)

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Awwww this is really gorgeous Marilyn, love the fonts for the sentiments xx

Kuni said...

What a fabulous card with a cute image. Your colouring is beautifully.
Hugs
Kuni

Chrissy said...

Adorable sweet couple and coloured beautifully Marilyn..love your card shape and papers..GORgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Dotty Jo said...

Simply stunning! Jo x

Anne said...

Oh isn't it always the way, when you think it will be straight forward it rarely goes to plan and you're not on your own!
The result is a beautiful card, you're colouring is wonderful.

Anne x

Sandy said...

This is absolutely perfect - beautifully designed - fantastic coloring and I do love the jewel on top.
"close your eyes - I'm coming in for a smooch!!"
Sandy xx

Debra K. said...

Absolutely gorgeous even without the bow :D! Fabulous colouring Marilyn, thanks for putting the colours you've used too. Love the circle shaped card and the papers are so lovely. Wonderful sentiments and I love the beautiful gem. Nice spot of glitter there as well, a girl after my own heart :). Love it! Debra x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Marilyn - love the colour tones you have used on the gorgeous image!!
Blessings
Maxine

Christine L said...

It's so gorgeous Marilyn and absolutely perfect for a wedding shower! I love your colouring, the sentiment, and the shape too.. and understand the struggles you had with a bow - I struggle often too! I see Debs (used to be a Pink Lady) doing one on Create and Craft now which is a fab idea.. take two or three short lengths of different types of ribbon... tie them with thread around the centre.... cut at an angle across the points... adhere to card, then use a button or a gem across the centre... it's very effective and I really must try it sometime!

Christine x

Barbara Bruder said...

This is the sweetest card. Great coloring and yes we have all had cards that the ideas just weren't going to work in real life. LOL. I'll bet the couple will love this card. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

Lorraine said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Love it
Lorraine x

Carole Pollard said...

Just love this everything about it is fabulous Love and hugs Carole x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Cute creation. I just love that image. Thanks for playing along with out Anything Goes Challenge at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again. Good Luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, Marilyn, this is one of the sweetest, prettiest engagement cards I've seen. Loving your round sections joined by a tab. Genius design idea! and the pretty jewelry to showcase an engagement ring. The designer papers are gorgeous! I covet your coloring skills (LOL), and am grateful to visit your blog where the images are all so pretty! Have a great week! hugs, de

Shelly Schmidt said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Always colored to perfection. I just love the sentiment : )

Karen Dunbrook said...

soooo adorable!!

Janice W. said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing it with us at LMMS!

Suze said...

Sweet image and sentiment. Thank You for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Pam Staples said...

Marilyn, Oh my! This card is absolutely adorable. I love the circular shape with the sweet little boy & girl. Gorgeous detail and coloring. Great job using the Paper Craft Crew Tic Tac Toe Challenge "PCC245." Thanks for playing along and look for your card to be on the PCC245 Top Picks Post. ~Pam